Parent and Academy Contact Team (PACT)
PACT – Parent and Academy Contact Team
WHAT ARE OUR AIMS AND OBJECTIVES?
- To act as a gateway between the parents and the Academy.
- To provide a link from the parents/carers in to the Governing Body.
- To raise funds for the Academy.
- To support the students at the Academy.
- To provide support at Academy events.
Parents are the key interface between the school and the outside world. Commitment is not too much, attend the occasional meeting, meet other parents and along the way, make friends and have fun, whether it is the ‘splat the rat’ stall at the school fete, or watch the kids enjoy themselves at the school prom night.
PACT is a great way to help our school and our kids, building the sort of community we all want to live in
The PACT Meetings are held at the school on the first Monday of every month, at 7:00PM during the school terms so please come and join us. If you can’t attend the meetings but still want to get involved with the events, then please contact a member of PACT team via the PACT email address.
Role of Chairperson
To ensure that PACT functions properly.
- Each meeting is planned effectively, conducted according to the agenda and that matters are dealt with in an orderly, efficient manner
- To ensure that PACT is managed effectively and ‘lead the team’
- To provide support to the PACT members
- To represent PACT as required i.e. Stakeholders Meeting
Role of Vice Chairperson
- To chair any meetings that the Chair is unable to attend
- Be involved in, or liaise with the committee and sub committees when organising events
- To prepare meeting agendas by consulting with the PACT Chair
- To welcome and involve other parents into the PACT
- To communicate to all parents, wider school and community about meetings, news and events via Facebook flyers, posters, newsletters and website
- To lead parent and wider Academy community engagement in PACT (class representatives, use of local contacts and skills)
- To prepare with the Chair the PACT and Treasurer annual report for the Annual General Meeting and any other meetings
Role of Treasurer
- Provide floats for each of the events
- Collect and bank money from the events
- Provide a report at each PACT meeting showing how much money has been raised/spent, with a closing balance at the end
- Prepare a balance sheet and a report for the AGM for the years accounts
Role of Secretary
- To attend PACT meetings
- To take accurate minutes
- To type up the minutes and send them to Chair for approval
You can contact PACT @ Q3 Langley by clicking here.